That everyone who thirsteth for the truth may obtain it, these publications are, as a Christian service, provided without charge. They levy but one exaction: the soul's obligation to itself to prove all things and hold fast to that which is good. The only strings attached to this free proffer are the golden strands of Eden and the crimson cords of Calvary - the ties that bind.
|Vol. 2||No. 7|
"And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse,
and a Branch shall grow out of his roots. Isa. 11:1"
|LESSON NO. 4||April 21, 1958|
Subject: THE NEW NAME --- Isaiah 62:2.
Purpose – To Show:
(1) Jesus reveals "new name" before Ezekiel 9:5.
(2) New name is one of a three-name seal: mark of Ezekiel 9.
(3) Revelation 7 and Ezekiel 9 are the "same", not "identical'.
(4) New name rejecters receive "mark of beast".
GEM THOUGHT: "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God...and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is New Jerusalem....and will write upon him my new name." Rev. 3:12.
(1) New Name Before Slaughter – Mark of Ezekiel 9:
"Israel is spelled with six letters…Had the name been of seven letters, it would denote 'close of probation', instead of 'beginning of harvest.' Israel, in the time of harvest will receive a new name by the mouth of the Lord...It will be perfect to finish the picture of probationary time,...to indicate the end of all the redeemed, or close of probation." 1 S.R. 233, par. 3.
There are three parts to be considered in this statement:
1. "Israel is spelled with six letters..." denoting the "beginning of harvest."
The Lord, the Bridegroom -- the Harvester, introduced Himself to the "10 virgins" as THE BRANCH (new name) at the beginning of harvest, Sept. – Oct. 1955. 1-2-3-4-5-6 – six letter name -- B-R-A-N-C-H.
2. "Israel, in the time of harvest, will receive a new name..."
Israel, the bride-to-be, finds out the new name at the introduction (the beginning of harvest), and in the time of, or during the harvest she accepts the "wooing" -- Branch letters, and receives the name first by "promise" -- conditional upon her faithfulness in betrothment, (as individuals) and second at the time of the marriage -- the promise is fulfilled to the faithful (church as a body receives the New name Isaiah 4:2).
3. "...it will be perfect, to finish the picture of probationary time,...to indicate end of all the
redeemed, or close of probation."
All the redeemed: 144,000 and the Great Multitude
The Husband….THE BRANCH…...ONE name
The Wife………144,000…………...ONE family
Children……….Great Multitude…..ONE movement
Lesson No. 4 (1958), page 2
"...the 144,000 and the great multitude, is but ONE movement, -- ONE family." 2 S.R. 265, para. 1, last line.
The Branch bears one message...to the 144,000 and the Great Multitude, uniting them into one movement, the 11th Hour Family.
"Being the last message...to the world (Great Multitude), and also the last call for servants (144,000),...borne by Elijah." White House Recruiter, p. 29.
Thus it is that THE BRANCH calls His wife first, then together they complete their family by calling the Great Multitude -- the children, the end of the redeemed.
TRAGIC TO SAY, SOME ARE ACCUSING THE LORD OF:
1. Immodesty: courting Israel before the marriage without revealing His true name.
2. Immorality: expecting Israel to keep company with and be wooed by a stranger -- no name.
1. The Bridegroom, being a man of sterling morals, introduced Himself to Israel, 1955, by revealing His new name, as any proper man even of the world would do.
2. He woos her by His words of love -- Branch letters.
3. And then in betrothment, she claims His name "by promise".
4. Some break the betrothment -- step off the platform, and reject the Man's name -- BRANCH.
5. Then some re-affirm the betrothment -- step back onto the platform, and again take the name "by promise".
6. Finally, THE BRANCH, takes the "proven faithful" in marriage, at which time the name becomes hers forevermore.
7. And, of course their children (great multitude) are called BRANCH -- Father's name.
Conclusion – Plain to see for God's Servants:
That the Lord reveals His new name before the slaughter as well as before the marriage: to save the bride from destruction, His new name is placed in her forehead such as was the "blood on the doorpost" anciently (blood of the BRANCH during the atonement for the living in the church G.C. 415:3; 1 Peter 4:17), thus "sealing" -- designating, her for the marriage.
(2) Three Name Seal – Mark of Ezekiel 9:
"The 144,000 were all sealed and perfectly united. On their foreheads was written, God, New Jerusalem, and a glorious star containing Jesus' new name." E.W. 15.
There are three names to be considered in this statement:
Branch Lesson No. 4 (1958), page 3
1. GOD 2. NEW JERUSALEM 3. JESUS' NEW NAME
We know that Jesus' new name is BRANCH. These three parts of the complete seal correspond with the three genuine divisions of the Advent Movement (Early Writings, 258-259), and with the three periods (1 S.R. 32); 3 parts of the Family Tree, (Isaiah 11:1), Thus:
Let us consider each of these names:
1. GOD (Righteousness by Grace)
God's seal–name is received by those who recognize His Law, especially the Sabbath; the teaching of the Sabbath restored the "seal" to man and gave birth to Modern Israel -- S.D.A.. The third Angel's message sealed the believers as infants -- newly born Israelites. Read G.C. 451, 452.
But an infant must grow or die.
2. NEW JERUSALEM (Righteousness by Faith)
New Jerusalem's seal–name is received by those who believe in the Davidian message -- the Kingdom (Jerusalem) restored. This "Rain" gives growth to the "infant" and seals (designates: 1 S.R. 27) him as becoming an adolescent.
But one must mature.
3. JESUS' NEW NAME -- BRANCH (Righteousness of Christ)
Branch's seal–name is received by those who accept the judgment of the Living message in every facet. This third seal–name completes the plan of re-creation --- restoration of all things:
3 in Creation...........New name is "perfect…to finish the picture."
3 in Re-creation.........1 S.R. 233
The adolescent becomes mature -- "ripened" by the light of the Sun of Righteousness, the Angel of Revelation 18:1.
Thus: Three Steps to Righteousness
"Each of us, you know, in our physical being, naturally passes through three periods: (1) infancy, (2) adolescence, and (3) maturity.…we pass through three periods of spiritual growth: (1) righteousness by grace, or spiritual infancy of the born-again person; (2) righteousness by faith, or spiritual adolescence; and (3) the righteousness of Christ, or spiritual maturity. And since, as shown in Timely Greetings, Vol. 2, No. 39, our
Branch Lesson No. 4 (1958), page 4
'infancy' (S.D.A.) period, the period of righteousness by grace, is now in our past, and since we are come into our adolescence period (D.S.D.A.), the period of righteousness by faith, we must not now fail to attain to full Christian 'maturity' (Branch), to the righteousness of Christ if we expect to be rewarded with a home in His Kingdom, 'world without end'." Symbolic Code, Vol. 10, #9, p. 4.
Every additional Truth brings an additional timely name 2 T.G. 34, p. 25. Thus it is that there are ONLY three steps, divisions, periods, from the beginning of the Seventh-day Advent movement to the close of probation: each step produces its seal-name until the 144,000, are all perfectly sealed (1 S.R. 233) and united -- three to create and three to restore -- righteousness. 2 T.G. 39.
Since it is necessary to have the mark to escape the slaying of Ezekiel 9:6, it is easily seen, again by God's servants only, that this is the three-fold mark that is placed on them before the slaying commences (Ezekiel 9:5).
(3) Revelation 7 and Ezekiel 9:
The Spirit of Prophecy and the Shepherd's Rod say that the sealing of Revelation 7 and the marking of Ezekiel 9 are the "same". 1 S.R. 26.
"Come let us reason together, saith the Lord..." to determine whether or not the sealing is "identically" the same as the marking or whether they are the "same" in respect to some one event (Judgment).
The mark of Ezekiel 9 -- which we have learned to be three-fold, is placed upon the saved before the slaughter; if the sealing of the Rod -- Rev. 7:1-8 is the same as the marking of Ezekiel 9 then the Rod should have revealed the new name. Since it did not, then they are not "identical" in their work. The first two seals are sufficient for the saints that go into the grave. But the 144,000 never die, therefore must have three seals.
Consider the following descriptions:
1. The Angel of Rev. 7 (Rod).............. "ascends"
2. Men of Ezekiel 9........................... "came down" -- "Descends"
Their manner of coming being different, it is quickly seen that they are not precisely "identical".
Let another Angel be brought into the picture: Rev. 13:1.
1. Angel of Rev. 7 (Rod).................. "ascends"
2. Men of Ezekiel 9......................... "come down"
plus 3. Angel of Rev. 18:1...BRANCH....... "come down"
Branch Lesson No. 4 (1958), page 5
Using the Rod's rule of interpretation (1 S.R. 15), we conclude that since the description of #l differs with that of #2 they cannot be "identical".
By the same rule, we conclude that the last two are "identical": they represent the same message -- BRANCH, for they 'come Down'.
The sealing of Rev. 7 is the "same" as the marking of Ezekiel 9 ONLY in that they both deal with Judgment.
1. Revelation 7 – the announcement of Judgment "to come".
2. Revelation 18:1 and Ezekiel 9: Judgment "is come" -- 1955.
The Preface of a book is a part of the book, not the story itself.
Yes, the sealing and marking are the same in respect to the judgment, but they are not "identical". Thus we have harmonized White, Houteff, and Branch.
(4) Mark of Beast – Mark of man: Revelation 13:13. (Read all S.R. Jezreel Letter #2, p. 5)
"Those who obey God's Judgment message...receive God's mark..." S.R. Jezreel Letter #2, page 5.
God's judgment message is brought by Elijah: "…the truth stands forth like the light of day that Elijah's message is the message of the judgment of the Living, the last,..." General Conference Special, p. 26 in 1950 edition; p. 23, 24 in 1954 edition.
Those who listen to anything else will be led "...blindfolded into perdition." General Conference Special, p. 8.
The Branch is God's voice. As it was in Joshua's day so it is now: it is a test of faith to accept Joshua's words as from God. The Lord of Hosts talked only to Joshua. P.P. 493:1.
Those who do not listen to The Branch will not because they choose to listen to a Korah, a Dathan or an Abiram, (who said anciently, that the whole congregation was holy – prophets) in spite of the presence of Moses, (God's voice) who said "no".
The new name is revealed to all 10 virgins; but only 5 accept it as being the identity of their Lord, THE BRANCH, and consequently are the ones who go into the marriage and are saved from Ezekiel 9's destruction. Sad to say, the others find out too late that BRANCH is the mark necessary to escape the slaughter; sadder yet that some who perish with the unbelieving Laodicean, were once happy that Branch is the new name! Will it be you?
NAME OF ISRAEL in time of Harvest (Loud Cry) – (1 S.R. 233:3) – Six letter word.
Branch Lesson No. 4 (1958), page 6
1. S.D.A. a providential name -- not Christ, not new, not six letters -- Seventh-day Adventist.
2. D.S.D.A. a providential name -- not Christ's new name -- not six letters -- Davidian Seventh-day Adventist.
"As you know, there are now hundreds of church names in the world, -- yes, as many names as there are isms. All of them are named by the mouth of men, and the names of each imply that there are other churches like it although God recognizes but one...Our own name Davidian Seventh-day Adventists, shows outright that there is another Seventh-day Adventist Church." U. 1 T.G. 42:14, pare. 3.
3. Isaiah 62:2 -- name is by the mouth of the Lord (found in the Bible).
4. BRANCH, NAMED BY THE MOUTH OF THE LORD -- IN THE BIBLE -- SIX LETTERS -- NAME OF CHRIST (God's mouthpiece -- message), Ezekiel 3:17.
The name comes through a message. God's voice, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock, if any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him and will sup with him and he with me." Rev. 3:20 (Remnant Church by E.G. White 52:2)
"To day if ye will hear his voice, (mouthpiece, Truth) harden not your hearts." Hebrews 4:7.
"We are living in the most solemn period of this world's history. The destiny of earth's teeming multitudes is about to be decided. Our own future well-being and also the salvation of other souls depends upon the course which we now pursue. We need to be guided by the Spirit of truth. Every follower of Christ should earnestly inquire, 'Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?' We need to humble ourselves before the Lord, with fasting and prayer and to meditate much upon his word, especially upon the scenes of the Judgment. We should now seek a deep and living experience in the things of God. We have not a moment to lose. Events of vital importance are transpiring around us; we are on Satan's enchanted ground. Sleep not, sentinel of God; the foe is lurking near, ready at any moment, should you become lax and drowsy, to spring upon you and make you his prey." G.C. 419:1. (1884 Edition)
Ben L. Roden
Note: All emphasis in quotation ours.
|Lesson 26||PART I --- THE NEW NAME --- Isaiah 62:2||10-7-1967|
MEMORY VERSE: "And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by another name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name." Isa. 62:2.
STUDY HELP: Branch Lesson No. 4, April, 21, 1958 (attached).
STUDY AIM: To show that Jesus reveals the 'new name' before Ezekiel 9:5-7.
INTRODUCTION: "Israel is spelled with six letters...Had the name been of seven letters, it would denote 'close of probation', instead of 'beginning of harvest.' Israel, in the time of harvest, will receive a new name by the mouth of the Lord...it will be perfect, to finish the picture of probationary time....to indicate the end of all the redeemed, or close of probation." 1 S.R. 233:3. (emphasis added)
Questions based on pages 1 and 2 of the attached lesson help:
1. In the realm of nature what comes just before harvest time? Lev. 26:4; Deut. 28:12; 11:14; Zech. 10:1; James 5:7.
2. What does the latter rain represent in the spiritual realm? Isa. 55:10, 11; Deut. 32:2; Joel 2:23 margin.
Note --- "...'the latter rain,' a...message to ripen the grain for the spiritual harvest." 1 Answerer 86:2.
"The latter rain of Truth, therefore, is the very last, the one that is to develop the people of God for the harvest..." 1 T.G.r. 17:3:4.
3. Who brought the latter rain in our day? 1 Answerer 91:0.
Note --- The latter rain of Truth is "…all the rain that the Teacher of Righteousness (V.T. Houteff), who has...come, has brought." 1 Answerer 91:0.
4. When did this latter rain cease? Symbolic Code, Vol. 10, Nos. 3, 4 page 8.
Note --- "Victor Tasho Houteff...died February 5, 1955, at the Hillcrest Hospital in Waco, Texas." Symbolic Code, Vol. 10:3, 4 page 8:1.
5. What is indicated by the name Israel being spelled with six letters? 1 S.R. 233:3.
6. At the beginning of harvest what is the church (10 virgins) to receive? 1 S.R. 233:3.
7. At what time is the church to receive this new name? 1 S.R. 155:1.
Note --- "The time the name is received is at the end of the 430 year period (1525 + 430 = 1955)…Thus, the church is reorganized under a new name? 1 S.R. 155:1. (Paren. added)
8. What name does the Lord, the Harvester, the Bridegroom, reveal at this time? Branch Lesson, #4, p. 1.
9. How many letters are in the new name? Branch Lesson, #4, p. 1.
10. How does the Bridegroom (The BRANCH) introduce Himself and woo His church? Branch Lesson, #4, page 1.
11. Through whom does He work to reveal His name? Amos 3:7; Deut. 32:3; Rev. 2:17; Zech. 3:8, 9.
Note --- "Let us ever bear in mind that we of ourselves know nothing about God's plans except as told through His appointed servants, the prophets,..." 1 T.G.r. 7:7:0.
12. What is meant by the term "all the redeemed"? Branch Lesson, #4, p. 1, 2.
13. What two things are some accusing the Lord the Bridegroom of doing? Branch Lesson, #4, p. 2.
14. Until the actual marriage how does the church take the Lord's name? Branch Lesson, #4, p. 2.
15. What is the purpose in revealing the name before the marriage and before the slaughter? Branch Lesson, #4, p. 2.
16. Are you willing to accept the Lord's wooing, or are you among those who step off the platform and reject the Man's name -- BRANCH?
|Lesson 27||PART II --- THE NEW NAME --- Isaiah 62:2||10-14-1967|
MEMORY VERSE: "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." Rev. 3:12.
STUDY HELP: Branch Lesson No. 4, April 21, 1958.
STUDY AIM: To show that the new name is one of a three-name seal and is the mark of Ezekiel 9.
INTRODUCTION: "The 144,000 were all sealed and perfectly united. On their foreheads was written, God, New Jerusalem; and a glorious star containing Jesus' new name." E.W. 15.
Questions based on pages 2 to 4 of the lesson help:
1. In Rev. 3:12 and E.W. 15 what three seals are brought to view for the 144,000?
2. Into what three divisions is the third angel's message divided? 1 S.R. 32.
Note --- "To get the proper understanding of the third angel's message we shall divide it into three periods: (1) Beginning of the proclamation of the true Sabbath, Rev. 14:6-11; (2) Reformation, and sealing of the 144,000, Rev. 7:1-3; (3) The Loud Cry, Rev. 18:1." 1 S.R. 32.
3. Where is the first seal for the 144,000 to be found? Ex. 20:8-11; Rev. 14:6-11.
Note --- "The seal of God's law is found in the fourth commandment. This only, of all the ten, brings to view both the name and the title of the Lawgiver. It declares him to be the Creator of the heavens and the earth, and thus shows his claim to reverence and worship above all others." G.C. 451, 452.
1. Which message restored this seal to man? Rev. 14:6-11; Branch Lesson #4, p. 3.
2. What constitutes the second seal for God's people (the 144,000)? Rev. 3:12; Branch Lesson #4, p. 3.
3. Which message restored this second seal? Rev. 7:1-8; Branch Lesson, #4, p. 3.
Note --- "Plainly, then, her name must express the truths she advocates: that is, the keeping of the commandments, the second advent of Christ, and also the restoration of the Davidian Kingdom according to prophecy. Hence the logical name that would represent her work...is to be Davidian Seventh-day Adventists,.." 2 T.G. 34:24, 25.
7. What is the final seal to be received by the 144,000? Rev. 3:12; E.W. 15; Eze. 9:4.
8. What have we learned is the new name of Jesus? Zech. 3:8; 6:12; Isa. 11:1; 4:2.
9. What three steps do we pass through in our physical growth? Symbolic Code, Vol. 10, p. 9:4.
10. How do these three steps correspond in the spiritual growth? Symbolic Code, Vol. 10, p. 9:4.
11. Which stage of righteousness is covered by each seal? Branch Lesson #4, p. 3.
12. Who are those who receive the mark (the final seal) as found in Eze. 9:4? 3 Testimonies, p. 267:1.
Note --- "Those who receive the pure mark of truth, wrought in them by the power of the Holy Ghost, represented by a mark by the man in linen, are those 'that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done' in the church." 3 Testimonies, p. 267:1.
13. What counsel is given to enable us to escape the slaughter? 2 T.G. 34:25.
Note --- "Now you see that every additional timely Truth brings an additional timely name. And you who have not been baptized in the name of the Church, but in the name of Christ (Branch) through the Truth of the Spirit, you who are not tied to any man, but to Christ, cannot help going on with the Spirit of Prophecy Who unfolds the Truth and names (Branch) Its people." 2 T.G. 34:25. (Paren. ours)
|Lesson 28||PART III --- THE NEW NAME --- Isaiah 62:2||10-21-1967|
MEMORY VERSE: "And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof." Eze. 9:4.
STUDY HELP: Branch Lesson No. 4, April 21, 1958.
STUDY AIM: To show that the sealing of Revelation 7 and the marking of Ezekiel 9 are the "same" but not "identical" in every respect and phase.
INTRODUCTION: "That part of the Investigative Judgment of the Living, by which is determined who are to have their sins blotted out and, as a result, be given eternal life, is paralleled on earth by the work of the angel with the 'writer's inkhorn', who is charged to 'mark' (seal) everyone who sighs and cries for all the abominations in Judah and Israel the church." 2 Answerer, 41:2.
Questions based on pages 4 and 5 of the lesson help:
1. What do both the Spirit of Prophecy and the Shepherd's Rod say concerning the sealing of Rev. 7:1-8 and the marking of Eze. 9:4? T.M. 445; 1 S.R. 29.
Note --- "This sealing of the servants of God (Rev. 7) is the same that was shown to Ezekiel in vision." T.M. 445. (Paren. added)
"The 144,000 having this seal (Sabbath) are also marked (sealed) by the angel of Revelation 7, which is the same as the one of Ezekiel 9." 1 S.R. 29.
2. To determine just how these two are the same what are we counseled to do? Branch Lesson #4, p. 4.
3. Seeing Ezekiel 9 depicts a separation or harvest, did Bro. Houteff's message – Rev. 7:1-8 (1 S.R. 32) reveal Jesus' new name at the beginning of harvest? Branch Lesson #4, p. 4.
Note --- "As the cleansings (separation – harvest) called for in the parables and in Malachi's prophecy have never taken place, the investigative judgment of the living is obviously, then, yet future. This investigative work (marking) is therefore occasioned by the work of separation in the earthly sanctuary (church), as brought to view also in Ezekiel 9." 3 Tract 43:3.
4. In comparing the two texts what difference do we find in their approach? Rev. 7:2; Eze. 9:2.
5. In comparing the angel of Rev. 18:1 with these two which two do we find the same?
6. What rule of interpretation has been set by Bro. Houteff on this subject? 1 S.R. 15.
7. Since Rev. 18:1 and Eze. 9:2 both come down what do we conclude? Branch Lesson #4, p. 5.
8. Being dissimilar how then can Rev. 7 and Eze. 9 be the "same"? Branch Lesson #4, p. 5.
Note --- Due to the fact that John's description of the coming of the angel in Revelation 7 differs from the description of the coming of the men in Ezekiel 9, we conclude that they are not identical (see 1 S.R. 15). The angel of Rev. 18:1, however, does correspond in his descent to the men of Ezekiel 9, so we conclude they are one and the same – identical. The angel of Rev. 7, and men of Ezekiel 9 are the same in the respect that each is a phase of the Judgment work.
9. What then is the message of Revelation 7 ? Branch Lesson #4, p. 5.
10. What is the message of Rev. 18:1 and Ezekiel 9? Branch Lesson #4, p. 5.
Note --- "Here we see that the judgment work for the living is illustrated in several ways, and is variously called: 'Judgment' (Dan. 7:10; Rev. 14:7; 1 Pet. 4:17); 'Cleansing of the Sanctuary' (Dan. 8:14); 'Purify His Temple' (Mal. 3:1-3); 'Harvest' (Matt. 13:30); 'Mighty sifting', 'purification of the church', (5 Testimonies, p. 80)." 2 S.R. Jezreel Letter, page 2.
|Lesson 29||PART IV --- THE NEW NAME --- Isaiah 62:2||10-28-1967|
MEMORY VERSE: "And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God,…" Rev. 14:9, 10.
STUDY HELP: Branch Lesson No. 4. April 21, 1958; Jezreel Letter #2.
STUDY AIM: To show that those who reject the new name of Jesus (Branch) will receive the mark of the beast (Rev. 14:9-11). Also to summarize the last 4 lessons.
INTRODUCTION: "How will we get the message of the Judgment for the Living? – The answer is clear to all: We will get it in the same way we got the one in 1844. Since it then came through Inspiration and through God's own chosen instrumentality, it is certain that the additional message ('Early Writings' p. 277), too, is to come in the same way, that is, by Inspiration through God's own chosen agency. Indeed Truth is never revealed in any other way but by Inspiration. See 2 Peter 1:20." S.R. Jezreel Letter, #2, p 1:5, 6.
Questions based on pages 5 and 6 of the lesson help:
1. What do those who are obedient to the message of the Judgment of the Living receive? 2 S.R. Jezreel Letter, p. 5.
Note --- "Those who obey God's Judgment message…receive God's mark." 2 S.R. Jezreel Letter #2, p. 5.
2. What are we told the beast of Rev. 13 represents? Rev. 13:18; 2 S.R. Jezreel Letter #2, p. 5.
3. What doe it mean to receive the mark of the beast? 2 S.R. Jezreel Letter, #2, p. 5.
Note --- "The beast we are told is a man (Rev. 13:18). The demand to worship, obey the beast's command, therefore, is a demand to worship (obey) man in place of God." Id. p. 5.
4. Who are those who receive the beast's mark ? 2 S.R. Jezreel Letter, #2, p. 5.
Note --- "...those who obey the beast's decree rather than God's message receive the beast's mark." Id. p. 5.
5. Who brings the message of the Judgment of the Living? General Conference Special, p. 26.
6. In Joshua's time to whom did God speak? P.P. 493:1.
Note --- "The Captain of the Lord's host communicated only with Joshua; he did not reveal himself to all the congregation, and it rested with them to believe or doubt the words of Joshua, to obey the commands given by him in the name of the Lord or to deny his authority." P.P. 493:1.
7. Who do the Branch rejecters act like? Branch Lesson #4, p. 5.
8. To whom is the new name revealed ? Branch Lesson #4, p. 5.
9. Are the names of the former churches Jesus' new name? Branch Lesson #4, p. 6.
10. Where is the name of the Lord found? Zech. 3:8; 6:12; Isa. 11:1; Jer. 23:5, 6; Branch Lesson #4, p. 6.
11. How does the Lord present His new name to us? Rev. 3:20; Branch Lesson #4, p. 6.
Note --- "Behold, I stand at the door and knock ('Christ in the messenger He sends' C.O.L. 79) if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev. 3:20. (Paren. added)
12. What counsel is given by the servant of the Lord in these solemn times of our Judgment?
Read Great Controversy, page 419:1 (1884 edition).
THE HOLY LAND IN PROPHECY – TODAY
"Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David. Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people." "For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim: Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the Lord their God, and David their king; and shall fear the Lord and his goodness in the latter days." "…Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone...and bring them into their own land:" "And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them." "For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake will I not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth. And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name." "And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations....and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles. And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations...to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the Lord,..." "And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited." "For thy waste and thy desolate places,…shall even now be too narrow by reason of the inhabitants,..." "Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes; For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited." "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed:...and it shall stand for ever." Isa. 55:6, 3, 4; Hos. 3:4, 5; Eze. 37:21, 24; Isa. 62:1, 2; 66:19, 20; Eze. 36:35; Isa. 49:19; 54:2, 3; Dan. 2:44.